Terms and Conditions
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED IN WRITING, ALL SALES ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. GENERAL. Cryologics Inc. (“Seller”) hereby offers for sale to the buyer named on the face hereof (“Buyer”) the products listed on the face hereof (the “Products”) on the express condition that Buyer expressly intends and agrees to accept and be legally bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any provisions contained in any document issued by Buyer are expressly rejected and if the terms and conditions in this Agreement differ from the terms of Buyer’s offer, this document shall be construed as a counter offer and shall not be effective as an acceptance of Buyer’s document. Buyer’s receipt of Products or Seller’s commencement of the services provided hereunder will constitute Buyer’s acceptance of this Agreement. This is the complete and exclusive statement of the contract between Seller and Buyer with respect to Buyer’s purchase of the Products. No waiver, consent, modification, amendment or change of the terms contained herein shall be binding unless in writing and signed by Seller and Buyer. Seller’s failure to object to terms contained in any subsequent communication from Buyer will not be a waiver or modification of the terms set forth herein. All orders are subject to acceptance in writing by an authorized representative of Seller.
2. PRICE. All prices published by Seller or quoted by Seller’s representatives may be changed at any time without notice. All prices quoted by Seller or Seller’s representatives are valid for thirty (30) days, unless otherwise stated in writing. All prices for the Products will be as specified by Seller or, if no price has been specified or quoted, will be Seller’s price in effect at the time of shipment. All prices are subject to adjustment on account of specifications, quantities, raw materials, cost of production, shipment arrangements or other terms or conditions which are not part of Seller’s original price quotation.
3. TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES. Prices for the Products exclude all sales, value added and other taxes and duties imposed with respect to the sale, delivery, or use of any Products covered hereby, all of which taxes and duties must be paid by Buyer. If Buyer claims any exemption, Buyer must provide a valid, signed certificate or letter of exemption for each respective jurisdiction.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT. Seller may invoice Buyer upon shipment for the price and all other charges payable by Buyer in accordance with the payment terms on the face hereof. If no payment terms are stated on the face hereof, payment shall be net thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. If Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due, Buyer shall pay Seller interest thereon at a periodic rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month (or, if lower, the highest rate permitted by law), together with all costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements and court costs) incurred by Seller in collecting such overdue amounts or otherwise enforcing Seller’s rights hereunder. Seller reserves the right to require from Buyer full or partial payment in advance, or other security that is satisfactory to Seller, at any time that Seller believes in its sole discretion that Buyer’s financial condition does not justify the terms of payment specified. All payments shall be made in U.S. Dollars.
5. DELIVERY: CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY BUYER. The Products will be shipped to the destination specified by Buyer, F.O.B. Seller’s shipping point. Seller will have the right, at its election, to make partial shipments of the Products and to invoice each shipment separately. Seller reserves the right to stop delivery of Products in transit and to withhold shipments in whole or in part if Buyer fails to make any payment to Seller when due or otherwise fails to perform its obligations hereunder. All shipping dates are approximate only, and Seller will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any delay in delivery or failure to deliver which is due to any cause beyond Seller’s reasonable control. In the event of a delay due to any cause beyond Seller’s reasonable control, Seller reserves the right to terminate the order or to reschedule the shipment within a reasonable period of time, and Buyer will not be entitled to refuse delivery or otherwise be relieved of any obligations as the result of such delay. Products as to which delivery is delayed due to any cause within Buyer’s control may be placed in storage by Seller at Buyer’s risk and expense and for Buyer’s account. Orders in process may be canceled only with Seller’s written consent and upon payment of Seller’s cancellation charges. Orders in process may not be changed except with Seller’s written consent and upon agreement by the parties in writing as to an appropriate adjustment in the purchase price therefor. Credit will not be allowed for Products returned without the prior written consent of Seller.
6. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS. Notwithstanding the trade terms indicated above and subject to Seller’s right to stop delivery of Products in transit, title to and risk of loss of the Products will pass to Buyer upon delivery of possession of the Products by Seller to the carrier.
7. WARRANTY. Seller warrants that the Products will operate or perform substantially in conformance with Seller’s published specifications, when subjected to normal, proper and intended usage by properly trained personnel, for the period of time set forth in the production documentation, published specifications or package inserts. If a period of time is not specified in Seller’s production documentation, published specifications or package inserts, the warranty period shall be ninety (90) days for Products (the “Warranty Period”). Seller agrees during the Warranty Period, to repair or replace, at Seller’s option, defective Products so as to cause the same to operate in substantial conformance with said published specifications; provided that Buyer shall (a) promptly notify Seller in writing upon the discovery of the defect, which notice shall include the product number (if applicable) and details of the warranty claim; and (b) after Seller’s review, Seller will provide Buyer with service data and/or a Return Material Authorization (“RMA”), which may include biohazard decontamination procedures and other product-specific handling instructions, then, if applicable, Buyer may return the defective Products to Seller with all costs prepaid by Buyer. All returned Products shall become the property of Seller. Shipment to Buyer of replacement Products shall be made in accordance with the Delivery provisions of the Seller’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Products supplied by Seller that are obtained by Seller from an original manufacturer or third party supplier are not warranted by Seller, but Seller agrees to assign to Buyer any warranty rights in such Product that Seller may have from the original manufacturer or third party supplier, to the extent such assignment is allowed by such original manufacturer or third party supplier.
In no event shall Seller have any obligation to make repairs, replacements or corrections required, in whole or in part, as the result of (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) accident, disaster or event of force majeure, (iii) misuse, fault or negligence of or by Buyer, (iv) use of the Products in a manner for which they were not designed, (v) causes external to the Products such as, but not limited to, power failure or electrical power surges, or (vi) improper storage and handling of the Products. If Seller determines that Products for which Buyer has requested warranty services are not covered by the warranty hereunder, Buyer shall pay or reimburse Seller for all costs of investigating and responding to such request at Seller’s then prevailing time and materials rates. If Seller provides replacement Products that are not covered by this warranty, Buyer shall pay Seller therefor at Seller’s then prevailing time and materials rates. ANY ALTERATION TO OR OF, OR OTHER TAMPERING WITH, THE PRODUCTS PERFORMED BY AY PERSON OR ENTITY OTHER THAN SELLER WITHOUT SELLER’S PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL, OR ANY USE OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS NOT SUPPLIED BY SELLER, SHALL IMMEDIATELY VOID AND CANCEL ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED PRODUCTS.
THE OBLIGATIONS CREATED BY THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT TO REPLACE A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT SHALL BE THE SOLE REMEDY OF BUYER IN THE EVENT OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE ERROR-FREE OR WILL ACCOMPLISH ANY PARTICULAR RESULT .
Buyer shall indemnify, defend with competent and experienced counsel and hold harmless Seller, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements and court costs) to the extent arising from or in connection with (i) the negligence or willful misconduct of Buyer, its agents, employees, representatives or contractors; (ii) use of a Product; (iii) Seller’s compliance with designs, specifications or instructions supplied to Seller by Buyer; (iv) use of a Product in an application or environment for which it was not designed; or (v) modifications of a Product by anyone other than Seller without Seller’s prior written approval.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE LIABILITY OF SELLER UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (WHETHER BY REASON OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNIFICATION, OR OTHERWISE, BUT EXCLUDING LIABILITY OF SELLER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY (THE SOLE REMEDY FOR WHICH SHALL BE AS PROVIDED UNDER SECTION 7 ABOVE) SHALL NOT EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE LESSER OF (A) THE TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE THERETOFORE PAID BY BUYER TO SELLER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S) GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY OR (B) FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($5,000). NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF GOODWILL), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SELLER (A) HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (B) IS NEGLIGENT.
10. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. Buyer acknowledges that each Product and any related technology, including technical information supplied by Seller or contained in documents (collectively “Items”), is subject to export controls of the U.S. government. The export controls may include, but are not limited to, those of the Export Administration Regulations of the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “EAR”), which may restrict or require licenses for the export of Items from the United States and their re-export from other countries. Buyer shall comply with the EAR and all other applicable laws, regulations, laws, treaties and agreements relating to the export, re-export, and import of any Item. Buyer shall not, without first obtaining the required license to do so from the appropriate U.S. government agency; (i) export or re-export any Item, or (ii) export, re-export, distribute or supply any Item to any restricted or embargoes country or to a person or entity whose privilege to participate in exports has been denied or restricted by the U.S. government. Buyer shall cooperate fully with Seller in any official or unofficial audit or inspection related to applicable export or import control laws or regulations, and shall indemnify and hold Seller harmless from, or in connection with, any violation of this Section by Buyer or its employees, consultants, agents, or customers.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. (a) Buyer may not delegate any duties nor assign any rights or claims hereunder without Seller’s prior written consent, which may be withheld at Seller’s sole discretion, and any such attempted delegation or assignment shall be void. (b) The rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without reference to its choice of law provisions. Each party hereby irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement and waives any other venue to which it may be entitled by domicile or otherwise. (c) In the event of any legal proceeding between the Seller and Buyer relating to this Agreement, neither party may claim the right to a trial by jury, and both parties expressly, knowingly, voluntarily and intelligently waive any right they may have under applicable law or otherwise to a right to a trial by jury. Any action arising under this Agreement must be brought within one (1) year from the date that the cause of action arose. (d) The application to this Agreement of the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded. (e) In the event that any one or more provisions contained herein shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall remain in full force and effect, unless the revision materially changes the bargain. (f) Seller’s failure to enforce, or Seller’s waiver of a breach of, any provision contained herein shall not constitute a waiver of any other breach or of such provision. (g) Unless otherwise expressly stated on the Product or in the documentation accompanying the Product, the Product is intended for in vitro laboratory use only and is not to be used for any other purpose, including without limitation, unauthorized commercial uses, diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses, or any type of consumption by or application to humans or animals. (h) Buyer agrees that all pricing, discounts and technical information that Seller provides to Buyer are the confidential and proprietary information of Seller. Buyer agrees to (1) keep such information confidential and not disclose such information to any third party, and (2) use such information solely for Buyer’s internal purposes and in connection with the Products supplied hereunder. Nothing herein shall restrict the use of information available to the general public. (i) Any notice or communication required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed received when personally delivered or three (3) business days after being sent by certified mail, postage prepaid, to a party at the address specified herein or at such other address as either party may from time to time designate to the other.